Monday, March 24, 2008

Summer's breeze

There is a breeze in the air that delights
All the senses both touch and sight
It smells of spring and winter’s farewell
And a stirring to find where adventures dwell

The colors of the wind mesmerize me
They seduce my soul and lead me
To the forest where the trees dance in the wind
They sway hoping to touch each others limb

Then the breeze suddenly passes on
Silence descends like mist on a pond
It leaves you frozen surrounded by trees
Afraid and in love simultaneously unable to flee

Silence comes as a woman, one who is despised today
Despised for peering into your soul, evil and good she weighs
She opens the doors of your darkest chambers
Mocking and judging your prideful arrogance

Can you hear it? The sound of Pan’s echo
His voice has seduced many a friend and foe
He calls those by their names and commands the wind
Winds with a purpose, a specific destination and origin

Oh mighty wind, your calls make me ache
Take me with you to be wild and never wake
Call my name and lead me to where trees speak
And that woman silence with me to dwell will seek

3 comments:

Allie, Dearest said...

I sure hope this is the one you spoke of the other day--and that it might bring me to mind is something very interesting.

I wish I could write more poetry at the moment.

Thank you for sharing the inner world you hold.

Eric Sidler said...

Very intriguing, Mr. Perry. Good form.

Anonymous said...

Wow David, this is captivating, I keep revisiting your sight to read it again and again.

Cafe

Cafe